Do you have 15 minutes to donate blood? If so, the Indiana Blood Center could really use your help this summer.
The Indiana Blood Center is experiencing a shortage of blood donations this summer so the library is jumping in to help out by hosting a blood drive on Saturday, June 30 from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
All blood donors will receive:
- a collectible, limited-edition Indiana Blood Center/The Bob & Tom Show t-shirt
- a ticket to the Def Leppard/Poison concert at Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville on August 24th
- and a voucher for a free Cinnamon Raisin biscuit from Hardees while supplies last.
Here are a few interesting facts about blood donations, provided by the Indiana Blood Center:
- Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day to keep up with demand.
- Each year over 5 million people in the U.S. will receive a blood transfusion.
- A single car accident can require over 100 liters of blood.
- Type O-negative can be transfused to all blood types so it is constantly in demand and often is in short supply.
If you are interested in donating blood please contact Joanna Carter at 317-839-6602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.