Become a Friend of the Library Today!
The Friends of the Plainfield | Guilford Township Public Library is a group of people interested in books, library and our community. We support and supplement library programs, with consideration to meeting the needs of the whole community.
What a difference a Friend makes!
Through volunteering and financial support, the Friends have made possible:
- Programs for children, teens and adults
- Support for the Summer Reading Club
- Special celebrations such as the National Library Week after-hours event
- The 100th Birthday Party for the library
- The Plainfield Garden Tour
- The purchase of supplies and equipment for the library
Did you know that, by law, the library is not permitted to purchase food? If you’ve ever enjoyed refreshments at a library event, you’ve experienced the Friends of the Library at work!
Our mission is to support and supplement library programs, with consideration to meeting the needs of the whole community.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the Board of Trustees.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the library staff.
- Operate the Friends of the Library autonomously and in a businesslike manner.
- Ensure accountability of the Friends’ Board to their membership.
- Network with other Friends groups to share ideas and information.
- Identify and define current membership.
- Institute consistent communication with our membership.
- Increase membership and recruit additional board members.
- Explore options for better PR and media coverage for events and activities sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
|Vice President||Ruth Dickinson|
Please print out the Friends of the Plainfield Public Library Membership Form and mail it and a check to the library. Instructions and more information are included on the form.. (Adobe Reader required). You can also call the Friends of the Library at 839-6602 ext. 2198.